Healthcare Labels: Seven Reasons Getting the Right Labels the First Time Benefits Companies
Because medical charts are key to patients’ consistent and accurate healthcare, using durable, tamper-evident patient communications labels and materials in medical facilities and hospitals also is essential. Selecting the right healthcare labels to apply can save your medical business significant money, liability risks and employee time.
Additionally, the peace of mind that comes from your medical facilities using dependable, quality healthcare labels can extend to patients’ families in that they can rest assured personal medical charts are tracking with their loved ones throughout their care in correct, helpful manners.
Medical teams striving for the best patient-centered care know focusing on individual needs — along with detail-oriented, reliable healthcare labels and charts — can make the right first impressions and a noticeable difference in patient satisfaction.
At least seven reasons make healthcare labels that work just as hard as the staffs using them a wise investment:
- It stands to reason healthcare labels that help medical groups readily meet HIPAA compliance and U.S. data correction requirements are more than worth obtaining. Patient privacy and accuracy can be properly maintained when records are clearly designated in straight-forward, retrievable ways.
- Medical teams never want to misread patient-related items, so having smudge-proof healthcare labels certainly decreases overall errors as individual team members share patient-related details with one another.
- Healthcare labels with built-in, tamper-evident properties are desirable tools. Otherwise, specimens collected by medical staffs not armed with tamper-evident labels could be compromised.
- Most healthcare facilities seek labels that can withstand environmental factors, such as water, mold, heat, coldness, solvents and extreme temperature shifts. Not only do labels need to meet environmental requirements while in use with patients, they also need to hold up to environmental conditions present in archiving situations, such as jam-packed, off-site storage units. Labels that will hold tightly to a variety of surfaces and not fall off during lengthy storage are advantageous.
- Many companies appreciate the removable properties of high-quality healthcare labels because they allow office supplies, such as file folders, envelopes and medical charts, to be reused. Reuse decreases the annual cost of supplies, as well as contributes to responsible corporate values for recycling.
- Finding healthcare labels of exactly right sizes reduces overall waste, which also helps decrease the environmental footprint being left by the smart companies who are using them.
At Shamrock Labels, we want to ensure you receive every necessary label for effectively communicating patient information, as well as for sustaining national patient safety goals. We offer a wide range of customized and standard healthcare labeling options to assist your teams with clearly marking vital patient factors, such as allergies, diabetic conditions, physician reviews, power of attorney and patients’ preferred languages.
Shamrock Labels’ teams are honored to provide healthcare labeling products composed of the most advanced label materials and adhesives available to laboratories, blood banks, nursing floors, pharmacies, surgery units, medical imaging businesses, veterinary care facilities, water testing services and companies providing dietary labels or evidence samples.
With almost 50 years of experience, our goal at Shamrock Labels is to provide you with the best customer service, minimal waste and the unique products that enable your professionals to excel in healthcare. Give us a call at (800) 323-0249 or fill out the contact from for your label advice and needs!