Healthcare Labels – Why an Experienced Provider Matters
Thinking about ordering healthcare labels for your facility? In this industry, every detail is imperative to ensuring the safety of patients, customers, and your business. Whether the labels are for medications, IV bags, or more general purposes, one mistake is all it takes to result in problematic results. Taking a little extra time to properly design needed healthcare labels will prevent undesired consequences such as misinformation or unusable materials. The largest benefit of this decision is gaining long-term experience from someone who knows the ins and outs of this process.
Labels are exposed to harsh conditions sometimes making it important to have the right materials. At the same time, precautions have to be taken to ensure text or writing does not fade or bleed. Experienced providers are aware of how items should be paired as well as what works best. A provider is able to recommend the right pairing of materials to complement exposure conditions, on-site printing needs, and more. Their experience will prove to be helpful while designing healthcare labels.
Gain Benefits from Years of Experience
Exposure conditions, usage requirements, and additional factors will play a role in the design of healthcare labels. An experienced provider often proves to be an essential resource when making the following choices regardless of ordering circumstances:
- Adhesives – This decision will affect the label’s ability to adhere to the application surface and is essential for avoiding missing or damaged healthcare labels.
- Stock – Certain stocks work better depending on the purposes. For example, one stock might not be the best choice for an adhesive or finish. The stock might not pair well with the design aspects and a professional is beneficial for this decision.
- Finishes – The finish protects the text and image from exposure to certain conditions such as moisture or extensive handling. This essential component will determine if your label remains legible and accurate throughout use.
- Sizes – The size must fit the application and if it does not, the healthcare label might come off easier or be too big for the surface. Certain sizes sometimes fit curved or other types of surfaces better. A profession will be aware of these small details.
- Image & Text Design – Determining where text and images should be aligned on a defined label size can sometimes prove to be difficult. Experienced designers are used to working with these types of constraints.
Decisions must also be made for where printing will occur. If your facility performs on-site printing, a supplier will be able to recommend a design that will support the type of printer along with the printing environment. In some cases, they may be able to offer cost savings with a custom, pre-printed design. It is for these and many other reasons that an experienced provider is never a bad idea.
At Shamrock Labels, we take as much time as needed to understand your specific healthcare label needs. Whether the goal is to gain blank stock to fit the application or to design a personalized label, our team ready is to lend their expertise. Contact us today to see how we can help you get the right healthcare labels at an affordable rate!